A CATEGORY MANAGEMENT approach that delivers RESULTS
Over the last decade Procurement practice has taken a more strategic approach due to changing business environments and dynamics. There has been a natural strategic business evolution from purchasing to sourcing to strategic category management. Focus is now solely on understanding categories profile and managing the category management process as an end-to-end function. Along the way this optimises the return on supply investment. Many of the world's leading organisations have evolved to category management structures and methodologies.
As these organisations move into a category management model for their procurement function they require to employ category expertise for a given subject matter within their structure and to invest resources in managing top spend portfolios. Moreover, organisations need to understand and approach category management with the appropriate structure, category expertise, methodology and governance.
Most organisations do not have the knowledge and resources to move in the new procurement frontier of Category Management.
Epago offers a full and comprehensive category management program which can provide you with the 'know-how', proven methodology, tool and techniques and most importantly our deep experience and knowledge. Our Category Management consulting provides you with comprehensive structure and process to transform your organisation to manage with a Category Management approach.
Join the rest of the outperforming organisations and be a LEADER!
Epago’s holistic approach to the management of a category places strong emphasis on supplier relationships and provides clients with the knowledge, deliverable opportunities and most importantly the process capability to ensure that the strategy and supplier arrangements put in place deliver the maximum benefit and value for your business.
The Epago Group Category Management program is delivered through a framework of 7 structured process steps, cross functional collaboration and by considering both demand and supply environments.
Category Management is not a one off activity but is iterative in nature, creating a continuum of improvement.
We utilise our expertise and the Epago way of category management to accelerate value and benefits to our clients.
Our ongoing management of your program includes, but is not limited to:
- Category Strategy: Above all, implement category strategy which optimises cost savings and service delivery
- Buyer Awareness/ Education: Providing advice and tools to educate your organisation’s buyers and to manage the correct behaviours of your employees to get maximum benefit from the program
- Technology: Managing implementation of service delivery technologies and/or expense management automation as required, ensure maximum efficiencies and service optimisation
- Operational efficiencies: Providing guidance to streamline internal processes to reduce administration, improving the delivery platform
- Supplier Management: Managing the selection and ongoing relationships of suppliers as pre selected by Epago. These suppliers are reputable and offer market competitive rates
- Policy Compliance: Delivering value through enhancements to Procurement and Expense policies and assisting in the communication and management of behavioural change to drive compliance
- Reporting capability: Providing the MIS and dashboard reporting which clearly highlights where opportunities exist and savings have been achieved or lost.
A snapshot of our CATEGORY experience highlights:
- Implemented global travel programs, including TMC, air, hotel and card for several Australian multi-national corporations (one recently validated as BEST IN CLASS by 3 independent consultant reviews)
- Designed and project managed the implementation of an automated GLOBAL expense management system for a global resource organisation
- Development and Management of UNIQUE meetings and events procurement solution for a leading Australian Banking Institution
- Design, implementation and management the restoration program of an OUTSOURCED Print Management program solution for leading Australian Banking institution
- Initiated, developed and delivered across 1,200 sites Australia’s FIRST ‘National white paper recycling program’
- Led and managed telephony replacement across 800 sites
- Led the implementation of contingent labour panels for 2 major Australian organisation
- Implemented a nationwide 4 cylinder and carbon reduction motor vehicles solution with leading Australian financial institution
- Participant in a GLOBAL team leading the Asia-Pacific contingent for all facilities and office service procurement for a leading US technology company with offices in 70 countries
The Epago Group partners have a wealth of knowledge and experience in the management of indirect supply categories that ‘make the difference’.
- You will have the full benefit of OUR deep category experience and knowledge across all indirect categories.
- Our demonstrated capability to consistently deliver cost savings in excess of 17.5% across a range of indirect categories.
- The Epago team have implemented major LOCAL and GLOBAL procurement projects and know and have dealt with the challenges these bring.